Platform and Community Manager
The Partnership Fund for New York City is a mission-driven investment fund focused on creating jobs in New York City and growing the local economy. Our investments range broadly—from projects in inner city neighborhoods that help provide employment and better services to underserved populations to those that catalyze the growth of emerging tech sectors such as life sciences and digital manufacturing. We also operate the FinTech Innovation Lab to connect emerging fintech companies to large financial institutions. Recently we launched a new partnership with the MTA to identify new technologies for public transit.
The Partnership Fund was started in 1996 by Henry Kravis under the auspices of the Partnership for New York City, the city’s premier business organization. Our funding was provided by the private sector. We have invested over $170 million since inception.
The Platform and Community Manager has primary responsibility for engaging New York’s tech community and creating marketing content to maximize the impact of the FinTech Innovation Lab (FIL) and Transit Tech Lab (TTL). The Manager will also work with the Head of the FinTech Innovation Lab to ensure high quality execution of the FIL program, which includes recruitment of applicants and program-related events. The Platform and Community Manager will also handle the day to day administration of the program.
MARKETING & COMMUNITY
- Work with the Communications and Labs teams to develop marketing strategy for the FinTech Innovation Lab and Transit Tech Lab including newsletters, blogs, reports and other digital content.
- Develop and execute social media strategy to highlight FIL and TTL and drive greater engagement across social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Medium)
- Work with the FIL, TTL and Communications team to create dynamic and engaging content by interviewing and drawing insights from our startups, partners and the Partnership Fund community and packaging them in compelling digital experiences and formats (long-form, blogs, videos, podcasts, etc.)
- Support creation of FIL collateral including brochures, presentation materials and maintenance of the website.
- Work in tangent with the Events, FIL and TTL teams to engage the community and build brand by planning regular events.
- Work with the FIL team to increase alumni engagement and continue to drive value to our portfolio companies.
- Work with FIL and TTL teams to identify partnerships with key ecosystem players, influencers and event organizers in New York and other key cities to raise visibility for the Partnership Fund for New York City, FIL and TTL.
- Research, identify and track relevant fintech and enterprise tech companies that might be a fit for FIL.
- During the FIL program, work with Head of FIL on execution of FIL program, including monitoring of FIL winners progress and creating meeting materials.
- Monitor FIL companies and relevant industry news for internal reporting purposes and to highlight online.
- Support the development of the Future Fintech Leaders Program, focused on providing access to underrepresented technology talent in financial services.
- Minimum two years’ work experience working in an entrepreneurial environment with experience in marketing and community engagement (fintech experience preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with the latest technology—An established personal digital presence and a strong interest in new technology.
- Fluent across social media platforms
- Possessing hands-on proficiency with various online tools for managing social media interactions and event marketing
- Digital marketing knowledge, including familiarity with web content management systems
- Exemplary interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- A charismatic self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to work in a goal-oriented environment. Will be responsible for translating top-level goals and executing effectively.
- Attentive to detail and committed to excellence
- Experience building and managing online and offline communities
- Strong commitment to social impact and entrepreneurship and to the Fund’s double bottom line mission
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include links to your online presence and any examples of community engagement you have led.
Date posted: October 30, 2019